A blog by Australian communications agency, the c word, about communications, media and culture.
Each week we ask our #CommsCorner contributors to answer the question: Communications is … Here are some of their answers.
- …a way to conquer uncertainty and unlock transformative thinking.
- …SOMETHING PEOPLE THINK JUST HAPPENS WITH NO IDEA HOW MUCH THOUGHT AND STRATEGY GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENES!
- …key to starting a conversation.
- …WHAT THE ‘C’ IN THE C WORD STANDS FOR!
- …not the wank you think it is!
- …TELLING STORIES. It’s a force multiplier.
- ..the conduit for everything within an organisation.
- …TELLING YOUR STORY IN THE MOST AUTHENTIC WAY.
- …Listening to others, telling the great stories of your organisation and trusting your instincts.
- …EXCITING AND NEVER DULL. IF IT BECOMES DULL – MOVE. LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO WORK IN A DULL PLACE.
- ….the way we pass down our history, culture and experience. It helps us tell our stories.
- …a skill you can continuously evaluate and improve.
- …LINKED TO EVERY PART OF HUMAN EXISTENCE, I AM JUST GLAD TO BE ENJOYING THE RIDE
- …Constant and changing
- …A FUN INDUSTRY TO WORK IN
- …LISTENING & RESPONDING
- …Being clear in the outcome you would like to achieve. And listening.
- …IMPERATIVE TO LIVING IN A HARMONIOUS SOCIETY.
- … underrated . It’s the most important skill you will ever have. You need to constantly refine this skill and learn from others daily.
- …JUDGED BY THE VISCERAL, NOT THE INTELLECT. AUTHENTICITY IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
- …getting your point across while keeping your audience interested
- …A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL THING. IT’S HOW WE CONNECT AND SHARE OUR LIVES AND EXPERIENCES WITH OTHERS.
- …the best way to solve problems, and prevent them from happening in the first place.
- …a meaningful experience. …CLEVER, COURAGEOUS AND CHARISMATIC.
- …COMMON SENSE, …the key to life! DON’T OVERTHINK IT.
- …something I do without thinking and something I think about a lot. …STORYTELLING
- ….the answer to a hell of a lot of first world problems.
- …EASY, GOOD
- COMMUNICATION IS EVERYTHING.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: