It’s the end of May, which means three c-words:
- chilly – it’s June tomorrow and the start of winter
- catch up – 30 days (= 25 business days) to achieve your mid year goals
- countdown – the Queen’s Birthday long weekend is only 8 sleeps away!
But before we cast off into June, let’s do a quick recap of May (because we’ve been a little slack on our updates):
- We helped deliver the 2013 Women in PR Forum & raised more than $12,000 for UN Women
- We’ve helped our client veski open three prestigious Victorian science and innovation award programs
- We joined the Premier and other luminaries in their dinner suits for our client’s Boston Tea Party at the Langham
- We’ve launched a social media campaign for our client Obesity Australia
- We’ve tried everything (well almost everything) on the menu at the new Gazi restaurant in Melbourne
- We’ve helped host a Harvard Professor on a visit to Victoria and filmed a series of interviews for Victorian school students
- We’ve attended our client PROV’s Sir Rupert Hamer Awards for recordkeeping
- We’ve kick started a new project in Footscray, eaten too many Cannoli and hosted John and Ross from 3AW on a Footscray Food Tour
- And we joined clients, colleagues and chums at Caulfield for some horse racing and canapés.
Plus Mad Men, too many coffees to count, a Cumulus oyster master class, business planning, strategy writing, proposals galore, website management and lots and lots of copywriting!
So what does June hold?
With 25 business days before a new budget cycle for most organisations, it means business planning, end of financial year reporting and project evaluations.
June will also see the second season of the Newsroom return to our screens. Can’t wait!
It also means tax time is just around the corner! Oh the fun. And it means we’ll all start planning our Fourth of July parties and Christmas in July gatherings.
Have a lovely weekend & enjoy the c-words: champagne, catch ups, coffee and cake!
Jack and the c word crew