A belated happy “Administrative Professionals Day” to everyone. We’re a few weeks late (yes we know it was the 21 April 2010 and is traditionally observed on the Wednesday of the last full week of April) but wanted to celebrate it anyway.
Check out the International Association of Administrative Professionals for more information about the day and this wonderful profession.
To mark the occasion, we thought we’d share our list of our favourite administrative professionals:
- Remember Humphrey Bogart’s secretary (Ellen Corby) rifling through his undies (to pack them!!) before he sailed off with Audrey Hepburn’s Sabrina?
- Have you stopped laughing at David Walliam’s side-splitting portrayal of Sebastian Love, Little Britain’s Prime Ministerial aide?
- Were you shocked when President Bartlet’s longtime secretary Mrs Landingham was tragically killed in a car accident in season two?
- Did you love the no-nonsense, Alpaca farming, executive assistant to President Bartlet, Deborah Fiderer?
- And who can go past the West Wing’s Charlie, Donna, Margaret, Carol and Ginger?
- Or Maggie Gyllenhaal’s disturbing portrayal of James Spader’s secretary in, yes that’s right, Secretary?
- Finally, with more than “a cup of ambition”, who didn’t love Dolly Parton, Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda in 9 to 5?
Our hats off to the wonderful administrative professionals the world over … you know who you are … and if we haven’t thanked you lately, thank you!!
Now who have we forgotten? Please add to our list…
Check out this advertisement for the musical version of 9 to 5, currently on Broadway … oh if only we could all dart over to New York for a show!
the c word